2011 NU Soccer Team

2011 NU Soccer Team
Chillin out at the WaVe!!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Week 9 Blog

For this week's assignment we were to look at a fellow educators blog, Bob Sprankle an elementary teacher, about "video assessment".   Bob suggests that the use of instant video devices, such as the flip video, be used to document progress and accomplishments of students.  This is a great idea!  The best scenario Bob presented was one of a student recording their own questions before a unit and then going back at the end of the unit to reflect on what is learned based on previous, or new, questions.  
When Bob gets into the scenario about a girl having the successful completion of a math concept for life, one that she could share with her own daughter one day, I am lost.  My first thought is of data storage and the is it feasible to store that much data for each individual.  Next I think of the safety issues that go along with having such information so readily on the internet.  And my final thought is why?  I have trophies from when I was ten years old that all they do is collect dust.  My child is not going to be impressed by it, and I sure don't want to hang on to it to show off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment