2011 NU Soccer Team

2011 NU Soccer Team
Chillin out at the WaVe!!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Reflection #5- The "New New" Tech

Scanning through different educational articles I found this one titled, Inflating the software report car, warns of education technology companies over selling their products. promising increased scores on tests.  First, let me say I understand the need and importance to integrate technology.  But I think this article does well to point out that technology is not the magic bullet that is going to cure our educational dilemmas.  The focus should not be to raise testing scores but to better equip our students for the hard work of problem solving.  Anyway, I thought this was a sobering article about technology.  

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/09/technology/a-classroom-software-boom-but-mixed-results-despite-the-hype.html?_r=1

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with this article you addressed,I enjoyed how you said technology is not the magic bullet to raising test scores. As future educators we should teach our students to be critical thinkers.

    ReplyDelete