2011 NU Soccer Team
Chillin out at the WaVe!!
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Reflection #6 video announcments
I was visiting my cooperating teacher yesterday and talking with him about his media class. It is a class made up of various ages and is dedicated to producing video announcements for the entire school, called I vision. They have a filming room, computers for editing, production managers, the whole bit. It is a really cool class that looks like it would be a great fun to teach and even better way to get students engaged with technology. Next time I see him I'm going to ask if they every do anything within the community, or connect to other students on a national or global level. Have you heard of this before, did your school have this? Do you have any ideas on how to expand the program? Any questions you would like for me to relay to the teacher?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is awesome Kyle. What I am picturing in my mind is that this class is like a News room, (for instance King 5 news)and breaking news two students were caught fighting in the cafeteria. lol Ask your cooperating teacher is it live video streamed to each classroom?
ReplyDeleteKyle, can you tell me the name of the school? I just saw a green room studio that they built at Lake Washington High School which is amazing. It would be great to see how students are using this kind of technology and incorporate it into our class. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteIssaquah High School.
ReplyDeleteKyle, Great post. My High School had morning video announcements. It was always a great way to see what was going on during the day. Also, it took 3-5 minutes of our first period class time, so that was a bonus. It amazes me how much more effective it is to SEE people telling you the info as opposed to the intercom announcements that most kids ignore.
ReplyDelete