2011 NU Soccer Team

2011 NU Soccer Team
Chillin out at the WaVe!!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Week 6 Generation IM Reflection

This article was very similar to the one we read about digital natives. In fact it references digital natives, those born and raised in the digital age.  These kids have learned from the beginning the digital language and are fluent.  I learned from the article that a great majority of students are in this category of digital natives and this number is only going to grow.  I did not realize how many students were making their own music, wikis, and other web materials.
Exploiting this information for a science class would mean research projects and student lessons on subjects covered in the science class.  Having student create wiki sites about a class research, or interact with other students around the world through blogs about their findings.  There are no limits to what technology can do for a science class.  You could attempt to follow a major study, and duplicate it, that is happening right now.

2 comments:

  1. My little sister, who is 13, has her own blog. Many of her friends have their own Facebooks. When I was 11 I had a Myspace, a Xanga, and AIM. All this to say that kids have enormous access to web materials. I love that we are learning how to use that to better education.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is crazy to hear about how kids as young as two and three are learning how to use a computer. This just means by the time we teach we will have to keep up with current technology inventions. But lets face it the kids who are using and learning technology at such a young age will be helpful when technology fails in the classroom, they will be able to fix it. Technology assistants will be replaced by kids in schools haha.

    ReplyDelete