While exploring the Promethean website I found an overview of their latest Activboard. The ActivBoard 500 (By the time I start teaching it will probably be the ActivBoard 2000). One key upgrade/feature is the multi user pen and touch interface. This allows multiple users to interact with the board at one time to collaborate on a single project. Another feature of interest was the touch function allowed for the smooth, manipulation of objects on an x,y, and z axis. Also, the slate and devices (sold separately), which allow a third party to interact with the board, or take individual answers to questions (numbers or written). This is a pretty cool feature that would keep every student involved in classroom lectures and discussions. This assignment has answered some of my major questions about the whiteboard from my previous post. I guess all I really want to know is what are the limits of the Activboard in terms of size. I have only seen one size, why is there not one that is 50" or more even.
This is the video I watched on the Activboard 500.
http://www.prometheanworld.com/server.php?show=nav.21130
No comments:
Post a Comment