2011 NU Soccer Team

2011 NU Soccer Team
Chillin out at the WaVe!!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Final Reflection


            This semester I have learned about a lot of different programs (glogster, prezi, storybird) that I never knew existed before.  The program I am most impressed with was prezi.  After learning about it, PowerPoint presentations are just so boring.  This one enables the common day user to create engaging and professional presentations.  I also learned we have to be careful with how we integrate our technology.  Through my own reflective blogs and reading my cohorts I have gleaned a healthy respect for technology.  It is not a silver bullet to be used every chance we get but with purpose and meaningful intent. 
            I feel I have reached a better understanding of how to get students involved in collaborative online work.  The student NET’s I focused on were “Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others. Students”.  My technology project offered the best opportunity for learning how to integrate this concept into my teaching.  Also, as mentioned earlier, the storybird program was a great collaborative program that taught me a lot about the online collaborative process the student goes through.  The final technology project also helped with my teacher NET’s I was focused on.  My goal was to design and develop digital-age learning experiences and assessments.  The online classroom website I created to house my project was a great way to achieve this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment