2011 NU Soccer Team

2011 NU Soccer Team
Chillin out at the WaVe!!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Reflection #8 Discovery

What: Discovery, the online Classroom for NU

So What:  So What? Does anyone every use it consistently.  I'm amazed as to how many teachers have no clue how to, or are unwilling to learn the system.  The best feature is the grade reporting feature.  An up to date grade is highly motivating and yet hardly any of my teachers use it.  It's frustrating knowing that the school spends so much of my money to create this tool and yet hardly any teachers use it.

Now What: This is one of the those teaching moments, unknown to the teacher, why I say "I know how I will not teach."  It just reminds me that learning new technology and staying up on the culture of education is important and I should do my best not to be left behind.

1 comment:

  1. Great point Mr. Tatro, I feel the same when new technology is presented in our classrooms and teachers will not even use it, is just a waste of money and the students time. Today technology is everything to this culture and I do not want to be that teacher to be stubborn and not learn it myself and keep from my students from not benefiting from it.

    ReplyDelete